Your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade children deserve the best in the Triad
Learn how we help our elementary school students reach new heights
WHAT DOES OUR SECOND GRADE OFFER?
- Amazing technology, character education and web-based programs
- Positive behavior support based on rewards and consequences
- Challenging curriculum that teaches the NC Standards
WHAT ABOUT THE CURRICULUM?
- In language arts we focus on developing our students’ comprehension, as well as their oral and written communication skills using a variety of texts and genres
- In math we focus on place value, addition, subtraction, measurement and geometry
- In science we study forces and motion, matter, weather, animal life cycles and genetics
- In social studies we explore history, geography, basic economic concepts, citizenship, government and cultures
WELCOME TO THIRD GRADE WHERE WE FOLLOW THE NC STANDARDS
In science, we investigate:
- forces and motion
- earth systems
Each student is required to participate in the annual science fair.
In math, we concentrate on the following areas:
- multiplication and division
- arrays and area
- developing an understanding of fractions
- measurement and data
- geometry and 2D shapes
Language arts focuses on developing our students’ reading, language and comprehension skills, as well as their oral and written communication skills.
In social studies, we concentrate on history, geography, financial literacy, local government and diverse cultures.
WELCOME TO THE 4th GRADE!
How do you know your child is getting a quality education at Phoenix Academy?
- We teach the NC Standards
- We assess quarterly using benchmark testing
- We individualize our teaching based upon student needs
- Each student is required to participate in the annual Science Fair
- Students are prepared for and take EOG’s as required for all public schools
In Math the students work on whole number operations, fractions, geometry, measurement and data operations and algebraic thinking.
In language arts we develop our students’ language and comprehension skills, as well as their reading oral and written communication skills.
In science we focus on forces and motion, matter, energy, earth, ecosystems, and molecular biology.
Social studies goes into NC history and geography, civics and economics, and culture.
OUR FIFTH GRADERS ARE INSPIRED SO THEY CAN SOAR
In language arts we use the NC Standards to develop our students’ language and comprehension skills, as well as their reading, oral and written communication skills.
In math the students work on the following:
- operations with fractions
- extending division and volume
- measurement and data
- operations and algebraic thinking
In science our students participate in the science fair, study forces and motion, matter, energy, earth systems, ecosystems and genetics.
In social studies our students engage in studying US history and geography, economics and financial literacy, civics, and cultural diversity.