CEO/Chief Education Officer/ LEA Representative (Local Educational Officer), Principal, Superintendent)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Phoenix, Masters in Education – Administration Supervision (2008)
Appalachian State University, Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education (1983)
ETS Praxis Principal Exam (2008) Received accreditation: Principal licensure
ETS National Teachers Exam (1983) Received accreditation: received NC Licensure
Southern Primary, Greensboro NC (1983) Student Teaching Placement
T. Wingate Andrews High School, (1978) High Point, NC. Graduated
• Workshops for LEA/ Charter School Principals, Exceptional Children’s Director, LEP
Director, Licensure Director, Test Coordinator, Beginning Teacher Coordinator, Human
Resource/Finance Director, Common Core Standards, NC Wise ,CECAS,
CEDARS, EVAAS, NC Education, Power School, Homebase Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Trainer and
• Creative response to Children’s books • Math Their Way • School Law Issues in North Carolina • Launching a Love of Literature and Enhancing Comprehension • K-2 Science Reading • Phonemic Awareness and Alphabetic Principle • Guiding Student from Emergent Literacy • Reading Assessment for Instructional Planning • K-2 Phonics Training: “Phonics – Not If, But How and When” • Grades 2-5 Language Arts Training. Launching Literature Circles and Strengthening Writing Abilities.
Prior to 1997
• Image and Communication • Winning Lifestyles • Learning Styles • Appleworks for Educators • Enhancing Classroom Instruction • CPR • Stress Management • Effective Teacher Training
Awards, Accolades, Community Service:
North Carolina Honor School of Excellence Principal 2002-2006
North Carolina School of Distinction Principal 2001, 2008-2011
*Movers and Shakers Business Leader Award 2011
* Co-Founder 7 Degrees of Change –(2009-Present) donated over 100,000 books to libraries in the Philippines with commitments to Build an additional 150 facilities
*Junior League of High Point (199301999)– Board Member, Chair Advisory Planning Committee, Bargain Boutique and Hospital Regional Conference Board Member
* NC Alliance of Public Charter Schools (2011-2012) Board Member. Assisted in the transition from the denovo to intermediate stage of the Alliance. Conceptualized the implementation of the Job Fair element of the annual Charter School Conference
Phoenix Academy, High Point, NC (1998 – 2012) Superintendent
FF&E Corp. Global Supply Solutions Group (1991–1998) Owner,
Co-Founder, Vice Chair Started and built a boutique Supply Management company into a multi-million Dollar Global Concern with offices in the US and Asia.
Guilford County (1987-1990) Elementary Teacher
Walker & Associates – (1984-1987) Business Development. Took the New York, New England and Eastern Canadian Territory from $100/month to $1 Million/month. Developing strategies and execution management for an international telecommunication supply company.
KinderCare Learning Center of High Point (1983-1984) Kindergarten Teacher
Catawba County Social Services (1981-1982) Summer Director for underprivileged, disadvantaged and abused children.
Belk-Beck Company of High Point (1977-1982) Credit Department, Floor Sales
I was born in High Point North Carolina, married in 1988 and I have two university age students that once attended Phoenix Academy. My passion has always been in education, and with the exception of a successful stint in the telecommunications industry and building a successful supply chain management company, FF & E Transportation I have stayed true to my passion.My husband and I formed Phoenix Academy from a desire to develop a character based, behavior management program and integrate it into the Public School system. I developed the program of PBIS based on personal need and am extremely gratified that it has been embraced and replicated on a large-scale. The PBIS program has literally impacted the lives of thousands of school children, in a positive way across America.
Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports is now in 18,000 schools across America and over 1100 in North Carolina. It is my honor, pleasure and blessing to be able to serve students on a daily basis. I love providing opportunities and tools that will make students productive. We need citizens that are prepared for the world, with an embracing attitude to diversity, excellence in personal performance and integrity to be the role models in the world.